The following statement details Opera Apartments' policy regarding the Personal Information we may collect from you, how that information is collected, used, held and disclosed and the measures we take to comply with the terms of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles.
Why we collect personal information
Opera Apartments collects Personal Information so that we can:
• identify you;
• process a booking or inquiry that you have made;
• provide and market our products and services to you;
• act as your agent if appointed to do so;
• conduct surveys, undertake direct marketing campaigns, promotions or competitions;
• analyse our services and our customers’ requirements with a view to improving our services and products or developing new services and products;
• manage, train and develop our employees and representatives; and
• manage complaints and disputes.
How we collect personal information
We collect Personal Information directly from you, via the completion by you of our standard forms, via the internet including social media, email or phone. We also collect Personal Information from third party websites and/or agents who provide our products and services on our behalf.
The personal information we collect
The Personal Information that we collect may include your name, address, contact details and any other relevant information in order for us to provide our products and services to you in accordance with your request, or to comply with the law. Sensitive Information is generally not collected by us, however if such information is provided to us, we will only collect that information with your express consent. We shall not disclose sensitive information to any other party without your consent. When accessing our websites and or any mobile applications (“apps”) we may collect additional Personal Information about you such as:
• server or IP address;
• date and time of visit;
• pages visited;
• documents downloaded;
• the website you visited prior to visiting our website;
• the browser or search engine used to access our website;
• user preferences; and
• location data.
Failure to provide personal information
If you choose not to provide us with your Personal Information that we have requested or it is incomplete or inaccurate, then we may not be able to provide you with any, some or all of our products and services. Where possible you have the option of interacting with us anonymously or via a pseudonym. However, it may not be practicable or legally permissible for us to provide certain products or services to you without confirming your identity.
Use and disclosure of personal information
We may disclose your Personal Information to:
• service providers, contractors, agents or other business partners who assist us in providing our services and products to you;
• external service providers where you have engaged us to act as your agent;
• other service providers, who provide various services that you have requested and we have arranged;
• our related bodies corporate;
• our professional advisers and consultants;
• an entity or authority to whom we are required to disclose such information under law; and
• all other parties only with your prior consent.
We may use your Personal Information to send information to you regarding our products and services via mail, SMS, email, telephone or online. We will engage in marketing to you unless you tell us otherwise. You can contact our Privacy Officer at any time to update your marketing preferences. Our marketing emails and social media pages also provide instructions as to how you can unsubscribe.
Security of personal information
We will take reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information we collect from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. Your Personal information is held as either electronic data on a secure server and/or in hard copy. To protect your Personal Information we maintain physical security and our computer systems are secured with the appropriate measures. Our websites or apps may contain links to third party websites. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by third party websites or other services.
Access to and correction of personal information
Access to your Personal Information can be obtained on written request to the Privacy Officer. We may request personal identification prior to releasing your personal information and will respond to such a request within a reasonable time period. We may charge a reasonable fee for processing your request and if we decline access to your Personal Information, we will advise of same in writing detailing the legal basis for doing so. If you wish to correct, update or change your Personal Information please advise our Privacy Officer in writing.
If you have any queries regarding our use of your Personal Information, you wish to lodge a complaint about a breach of privacy, or you wish to access the Personal Information we hold please contact our Privacy Officer:
47 Cordelia St,
South Brisbane QLD 4101
Phone: 0477 414 090